Bring to the hospital:
- ✔A list of all medications, over-the-counter drugs, herbs and vitamins that you take
- ✔A list of your drug and food allergies and sensitivities
- ✔Your insurance card
- ✔Copies of any legal documents, as well as medical proxy
- ✔The name and telephone number of your primary contact where as you're in surgery or, if you're having same-day surgery, the name and telephone number of the one that will be picking you up
Some questions that you may be asked include:
- ✔Do you have diabetes and take diabetic medications?
- ✔Do you take any blood thinners?
- ✔Do you or any member of your family have a history of problems with surgery — such as adverse reactions to anesthesia — or problems with medications?
Strictly follow the instructions of consultant surgeon